The Student News Site of Beloit High School

Trojan Times

Trojan Times

Trojan Times

New clubs added at BJSHS

Tammy Channell

Beloit High has added some new clubs for this school year, including show choir, Spirit Club, a food bank club, and Diversity in Orientation and Identity. Show choir rehearsals began Sept. 6 at 7 am and will continue on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. The Christmas concert will be on Dec. 11 at 7 pm, and the show choir will perform two or three songs total, with two of them being dances. It will be made up of partner dancing and swing dancing, and club members will have an opportunity to make it to District Solo and Small Ensemble competition in the spring, as well as a chance to go on the choir trip next school year.

Spirit Club is another one of the clubs that has been talked about this year, although nothing is really set in stone about the club yet. There is also interest in trying to start a club for the food bank. 

DOI club is a new club sponsored by Mrs. Aimee Buckland. DOI stands for Diversity in Orientation and Identity and is meant to create a safe social space for members of the LGBTQ+ community, or even just for someone who wants to learn more about the community or is looking for a sense of community. Anyone is welcome to join. The first meeting was on Sept. 6 and future dates are to be determined. 

There isn’t much information about some of these clubs at the moment, but as we learn more about them, we will be giving updates.