The Student News Site of Beloit High School

Trojan Times

Trojan Times

Trojan Times

BHS musical cast selected

Tammy Channell

The Beloit High School musical will be “Beauty and the Beast.” Students auditioned Aug. 29 and 31. On the Friday after auditions they learned their parts. Belle will be played by senior Morgan Weston. The beast will be played by senior Jake MacCrory. Gaston will be played by senior Maddox Waters. Mrs. Potts will be played by senior Jayden Brooks. Chip will be played by junior Kat Gray. Lefou will be played by junior Kaden Lomax. Lumiere will be played by freshman Henry Tice. Cogsworth will be played by freshman Reagan Cheney. These students’ hard work and dedication to practicing and learning their part has been rewarded with big parts in the musical. These students along with many others in the ensemble began practice on Sept. 5 and will continue every Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday until the opening night on Nov. 9.

Mrs. Meredith Johnson, the director, says, “We are so excited to put on this musical! The show lives up to its name- it really is a BEAST to put together- lots of costumes, set pieces, musical orchestration, unique props, volunteers, directors, and students are needed to make this show a success. We were thrilled to have over 60 students sign up to be in the cast, crew, or orchestration pit! We can’t wait for you to see the show!”