The Student News Site of Beloit High School

Trojan Times

Trojan Times

Trojan Times

Meet foreign exchange student Christina Keller

Tammy Channell

Junior Christina Keller is a foreign exchange student from Germany and is staying with Aaron and Lindsay Rut.

Some fun facts about her are that she speaks English, Ukrainian, and German fluently and some Russian. She also has a little sister and loves to dance. Some ways that Keller said the culture in Beloit differs from the culture in Germany is that people are nicer here and eat a lot more fast food.

While in Germany, Keller liked to go to McDonald’s with her friends and race go-karts. Her favorite class is FACS because of the cooking aspect, and she has made many friends while being in Beloit.

On the first day of school Keller made it to the final three matches in the school-wide rock, paper, scissors tournament, and she said that being up on stage in front of the whole school was “not that bad.” Keller is a natural public speaker, as she participated in StuCo at her school in Germany. 

This fall, Keller played tennis and is currently on the cheer team. She is also looking forward to getting better at her English, having a good time, and riding the yellow bus. So far Keller has enjoyed going to Sonic and attending football games.

One thing that Keller wants everyone to know about her is that she is a very honest person.