The Student News Site of Beloit High School

Trojan Times

Trojan Times

Trojan Times

New spirit club begins at BJSHS

Pink Out one of many spirit themes the group advertised
A Pink Out at the Oct. 6 football game is one of many spirit themes advertised this fall by the new spirit club.

Beloit High School has a new pep club. Ms. Cay Wildfong is the sponsor for this club and the two who started it are juniors Olivia Wright and Ella Manning. They had their first meeting on Oct. 5. The club is open to everyone with no dues needing to be paid. 

The group will vote and designate the student section themes for games as well as decide what other events they will attend, such as the play, band concerts, and choir concerts. The group decided to start Instagram and Tik Tok accounts to get the word out there. As an incentive, they will offer a best dressed or most spirit award at each game. This person will need to be nominated by the sponsor and/or the cheerleaders. This person will be featured on the spirit club social media page. The themes will be announced during the announcements as well as on social media and on posters around the school. They discussed putting together a bus to take students to the substate volleyball game, where the theme will be “I Love America.” 

Wright says, “I really want this to be a fun thing, and to just make school events more fun for everyone. I want the school to be more supportive of everyone and the events that they do.”