The Student News Site of Beloit High School

Trojan Times

Trojan Times

Trojan Times

FFA holds signing day for seniors

HS Library

Beloit FFA has a tradition of having seniors sign if they are going into an agricultural career. This is to recognize the importance of the agriculture industry and show the different pathways possible to younger members.

“Signing day helps recognize students in their future careers. It is a great opportunity for these seniors to find out about job opportunities as well,” said Hattie Anderson, a junior in FFA.

At the signing event, FFA invites Central Valley Ag of Beloit to come talk to the members. They talk about future opportunities in CVA and all the careers they have available. They then provide offers to the students who signed to think about after college.

This year there was 18 students who signed. Riley Croisant will be attending the Oklahoma Horseshoeing School to pursue horseshoeing. Carlee Domann and Sophie Easter will be attending Colby Community College to major in veterinary nursing. Quinn Eilert will be attending Kansas State University to major in ag technology management. Auston Henke with be attending NCK Tech-Beloit to major in heavy equipment and diesel technology. Jesse McMillian and Brody Widrig will be attending NCK Tech-Beloit to major in diesel mechanics. Camille Ellis will be attending NCK Tech-Beloit to major in automotive technology. Ethan Fay, Keegan Hayden, Xander Elam, Reece Sibley and Dylan Thompson will be attending NCK Tech-Beloit to major in welding. Andy Prather will be attending Cloud County Community College to major in welding. Chesnie Dickinson will be attending Cloud County Community College to major in agribusiness. Brodie Schroeder and Asher Zimmer will be attending Cloud County Community College to major in renewable energy. Jacob Winkler will be attending NCK Tech-Hays to major in electrical technology.